Customized Live Chat App
A live chat app is a convenient way for website visitors to instantly get the information they are seeking. Many people (including myself) click the button to start a live chat as soon as they enter a site that offers such a service. It’s a way to directly communicate with a company representative without having to pick up a phone. These apps usually cost between $20-80 per month for one person to use (see this page). Ours is a system that we’ve developed and to use it we charge a one-time setup fee only. This system is easy to use and can be administered from a simple cell phone if desired.
We had created a live-chat application for a church in the Buffalo area to put on their website. OldTimeBaptist.com’s web-casting was problematic at times, and viewers needed a way to inquire and report problems with the stream. The church’s budget didn’t allow for the sort of monthly fee that comes standard with every other live-chat app out there, so we created our own. The app has been very successful in acquiring user feedback and putting viewers at ease, knowing that problems were being solved. They use it weekly to communicate with people around the world–sometimes just to ‘chat’. We’ve used this for other clients around Buffalo as well.
- It allows the administrator to change the admin’s name on the fly.
- It can be administered through SMS (text messages) on most phones, allowing completely mobile response to chats.
- It allows customization of the initial greeting text.
- It’s end-user stylesheet can be specified by an administrator.
- It can play a sound whenever there is activity.
- It discloses the browser, operating system, city, region and country of the end-users to the administrator.
- It stores all old chats in a database, and they are accessible to the administrator.
There are other features, and more will come as I have time to add them.